Have you ever been depressed? Or maybe you just had a lot on your mind at once. Perhaps it had something to do with your job, finances, or even irrational fear.
No matter what it may be, everyone experiences mental health issues from time to time.
This article lists the 8 best Android apps for mental health that can help you cope with difficult emotions, relieving symptoms of both depression and anxiety.
1. Sanvello – Ideal for Stress Relive
This app is one of the best Android apps for mental health that helps in relieving stress. The goal of Sanvello is to “assist people in developing the life skills they need, whenever, wherever, and however they choose.” It provides tried-and-true techniques for overcoming stress, anxiety, and depression.
The program will also help you create skills that will benefit your general well-being and last a lifetime. You’ll also find tools to help you deal with issues like test anxiety, public speaking, and morning jitters. Moreover, the app’s progress evaluations allow you to keep track of your progress and set new goals.
You can also communicate with people anonymously in a community where you can give and get advice, ask questions, and connect with people who share your experiences.
- Provides several options based on your need.
- Availability of a qualified therapist for assistance when needed
- Connects you with others who understand your struggles
- Not all states have a therapy option.
- Access to premium features needs a subscription fee
Price of the App: Free Version or $8.99 for premium
2. Headspace – Ideal for Meditation
Your life can become more aware with the help of the meditation app Headspace. The application provides a variety of meditations that last between 3 and 20 minutes for novice and experienced users.
There are longer courses centered on a more profound education in mindfulness and standalone meditations for when you need a break on the app. Examples include classes on increasing awareness, overcoming cravings, avoiding distractions, and getting more rest.
- Cost-effective monthly rate
- Highly positive user feedback
- Best meditation app with different courses
- Skilled meditators should avoid this app
- Exercise may become boring
Price of the App: $12.99 monthly & $69.99 yearly
3. MoodKit – Overall Ideal
One of the best Android apps for mental healthin general. Two clinical psychologists created MoodKit, based on the theories and methods of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). It provides more than 200 tasks intended to improve your mood and aid in reversing negative thoughts.
Moreover, you can use the journal to keep tabs on your emotions, unfavorable ideas, and stress management techniques.
- Wide range of activities
- A journal feature that makes it simple to follow your progress
- Provides more than 200 tasks
- Some users mentioned technical errors.
Price of the App: $6.99
4. Talkspace – Ideal For Therapy
This is the most expensive option on this list, but it is one of the best Android apps for mental health, especially focused on therapy. Talkspace offers you one-on-one contact with a mental health specialist. You have access to support at all times with this online counseling option, which is likely cheaper than visiting a therapist in person.
You can always use the Talkspace chat room to communicate with your therapist. You can also arrange live video consultations with your therapist.
- Chance to switch therapists.
- Treatment available around-the-clock
- A mental health expert is accessible to you.
- Online counseling option.
- For some patients, therapeutic options may be restricted.
- Possibly not a good fit with the therapist
Price of the App: Monthly subscription with plans starting at $69 per week.
5. Happify – Best for Handling Moods
Happify is one of the best Android apps for mental health. You can improve your mood by using this app’s games. The games were created using CBT therapies and positive psychology strategies.
You can select games from the app to aid you with various tasks, such as managing tension, boosting professional stress, and boosting self-assurance. Additionally, it aids in developing mindfulness through meditation and the suppression of negative thinking.
Happify is available in both free and premium editions. A few games and information are available in the free version.
- Attainable targets
- Ease of use
- Perfectly handles mood swings
- Costly for the paid version
- Some users claim that the app’s deadlines increase their tension.
Price of the App: Free Version, $139.99 yearly, $14.99 monthly, or $ 449.99-lifetime full access.
6. Calm – Ideal for Sleep
A mindfulness app called Calm is one of the best Android apps for mental health that helps with sleep. It provides guided meditations, deep breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques. These techniques may help people relax, release tension, and reduce stress. As a result, you can sleep soundly and swiftly.
The narrative recordings are available on Calm and span many genres, including nonfiction, travel, and the natural world. Some tales have famous narrators. Additionally, the program contains a sizable music library with relaxing, ambient, and natural sounds.
- Sleep music collection
- Track your mood
- Maintains statistics
- Reduce tension and stress
- Auto-renewal and cancellation complaints
- Bad customer service
- Costly subscription fees
Price of the App: $14.99 monthly or $69.99 yearly subscription.
7. MindShift CBT – Ideal for Anxiety
The MindShift CBT app is one of the best Android apps for mental health. It was developed to relieve anxiety using CBT techniques to modify thoughts and behaviors. The application claims that it can help with phobias, perfectionism, social anxiety, stress, and panic attacks.
Moreover, it includes exercises to confront anxieties, alter beliefs, and form wholesome habits, as well as brief meditations, thinking journals, coping cards, and other activities.
- Created especially for anxiety
- Utilizes therapeutic methods
- Free of cost
- Technical errors complain
- Restricted daily entries are allowed
Price of the App: Free of cost
8. Bearable – Ideal for Symptom Tracking
It can be challenging to monitor your moods and the signs of a mental illness if they fluctuate significantly. With its minimalist design, Bearable makes that procedure simpler than most mental health apps.
Bearable offers a list of possible symptoms to choose from, so you don’t need to enter them. Additionally, you can use the app to keep tabs on your social interactions, food intake, exercise, and prescription drug use.
Bearable also illustrates the long-term effects of various activities on your mood through simple charts that demonstrate both the action and its impact.
You may submit these charts to your doctors so they can keep track of your trends and assist you in determining if a treatment plan is effective or needs to be modified. Because of its user-friendly interface and amazing adaptability, users frequently turn to Bearable when their memory fails them during treatment sessions.
- Journal, symptom log, and medicine alerts
- Influenced by community feedback
- Can connect to Apple Health Kit
- Keeps track of your meals, exercise, medication, and sleep
- Can occasionally crash
- Sometimes, reminders are useless.
- Data tracking on Android is less effective.
Price of the App: Free for the basic version, $4.49 monthly for the paid version, and $27.99 for the yearly version.
These 8 best Android apps for mental health make it simpler for you to deal with any mental health problems you may be experiencing. You can find a useful app for everything, from finding a good therapist to learning about mental health problems to keeping track of your routines and emotions.
And while there isn’t a single app that can solve every mental health problem, you can mix two or three of them according to your particular requirements to avail the desirable experience.